Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lost In The Stacks and also Why My Husband Is "The Man"

Have you ever lost something on your bookshelves? I have lost plenty. Every year when I re-organize our school materials I find scissors, rulers, crayons, that one math worksheet Scout swore she completed, etc...This time I lost a curriculum!

Just this morning I was saying that I wanted to find an ALL INCLUSIVE Language Arts Curriculum. Well I was going to start searching the web, looking at curriculum websites, reading reviews, etc... You know. I was going to do all that, until The Man called on his lunch break. He told me he read my Brand Spanking New Blog and reminded me that I had bought that perfect curriculum. I confessed that I had completely forgotten about that and was a little embarrassed. I thanked him, of course, for remembering such a small detail (I really thought he wasn't even listening when I rambled on and on about all the cool stuff I bought at the expo). He told me not to worry, he has my back because he is "The Man"!

So back to the point....Back in March I attended the Greater St. Louis Area Home Educators Expo and found Total Language Plus. TLP is not like anything I have ever seen. They sell novel "study guides" that include instruction in spelling, vocabulary, grammar, and writing, as well as critical thinking and communication. A good majority of their study guides are for novels that Scout and I will be reading with our Sonlight curriculum.

So there you go. I have what looks like the PERFECT ALL INCLUSIVE LANGUAGE ARTS CURRICULUM. We'll see how it goes and maybe I'll write a review after we finish one.