Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hello World!


So this is my first blog post. I am a homeschooling mom of 2 girls. We will call my almost 5 year old Kindergartner Ladybug. Because, well, she calls herself that. My 8 year old 3rd grader will be known as Scout,because I LOVE To Kill A Mockingbird (and she didn’t have an opinion on what I called her). Last but not least, my husband will be known as The Man because he asks me to to do things (like “hand me a soda please”), I will say no, and he will say, jokingly, “you better do it, because I am The Man”

We started our 3rd year of homeschooling last Monday. We didn’t get as much done as I wanted to. But we are getting back into the routine I abandoned when we finished last years studies. Both girls are fairly excited about starting the new year, although, Scout is a little nervous about the increased responsibility she will have this year.

I think that’s it for now. I will post later about the curriculum we are using